You're Welcome Any and Every Monday!
Find us Monday nights, from 7-9PM, in and around Polk County. Because our usual space has been closed to the public, our rehearsals have been floating, often between Amery and Luck. Since the schedule isn't in stone yet, please contact us at email@example.com or call 715-256-7464. That's 256-SING. We will send details.
Our members travel down from Siren, up from Dresser, in from Cumberland and Turtle Lake,
and even from across the river in Minnesota. If you need a ride, we can do that.
Find directions to our rehearsal space below.
For more information, please drop us a line at
firstname.lastname@example.org or call 715-256-7464. That's 256-SING.
We make an effort to post these changes to the public, but it never hurts to contact us first.
- We typically do not meet between Christmas and New Year's Eve.
- In September we rehearse at Amery High School, venue of our fall concert.
- Meetings are very occasionally moved to a special location for a variety of reasons. We try to keep
that updated here. Otherwise check our
Visit us as often as you like. After you have been to at least three rehearsals,
we invite you to try out to become an official member of the group.
Once you've decided to audition, we keep it short and sweet.
- Pick a song you feel comfortable with - if you're unsure we can help you choose.
You don't need to memorize, just learn your part confidently. Recordings are even
available to help you with this.
- When you're ready, you'll sing privately with some our Music Committee - this is the Director,
the Assistant Directors and a few others. Often we do it just before or after rehearsal.
- You'll sing your song twice. First, with four other guys
one singer doubling your part. The second time you'll sing independently in a quartet.
- The Music Committee evaluates your performance.
We don't look for perfection, just the ability to sing pleasantly and expressively in tune.
You'll get feedback in just a few minutes.
- When you pass the audition, you'll a Barbershop Harmony Society application,
The Music Committee recommends you to the chorus board, who approves your membership.
- In the event you don't pass the audition, we'll
help you understand what aspects of your performance were not strong enough,
and, more importantly, how to continue improving.
Our rehearsal space is located in the
Government Center at Polk County
plaza. Find us at the northeast corner of Hwy 46 and County Road I in Balsam Lake.
We meet in the East Conference Room on Floor Two - just to the right as you exit the elevator.
Please note: This is not the large tan complex to the south of the Highway. That's the jail; chorus members come and go as we please. The rehearsal facility is diagonally across the intersection.
We look forward to seeing you soon!
Thanks for visiting!